POWERS AND DUTIES OF ITS OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES;
(1) The Chairman is responsible for the proper functioning of the Board and the implementation of its decisions and discharge of its duties under the Act.
(2) Subject to such delegation as may be made under the Act or the rules made thereunder, the Chairman shall:-
(a) cause the important Papers and matters to be presented to the Board as early as practicable;
(b) issue directions as to the method of carrying out the decisions of the Board;
(c) maintain or cause to be maintained an account of the receipt and expenditure of the Board; and;
(d) present a draft annual report of the working of the Board to the Board for approval and submit the report as approved by the Board to the Government. The report approved by the Board should also be circulated to the members of the board for their information.
(3) The Chairman shall exercise administrative control over all Departments and Officers of the Board.
(4) The Chairman may sanction expenditure on contingencies supplies and services and purchase of articles required for the working of the office of the board and for the execution of measures in furtherance of the objects of the Act, subject to necessary provisions in the budget.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER:
The Government shall appoint a Chief Executive Officer of the Board.
(1) The Chief Executive Officer shall act as the Administrative Officer of the Board and shall exercise administrative control over the employees of the Board
(2) The Chief Executive Officer shall have the right to attend every meeting of the Board but shall not have the right to vote there at.He shall also have the right to refer to the Board any matter having administrative implications which in his opinion ought to be brought to its notice.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer shall have authority to advise the Board that a particular decision affecting the general administrative policy of the Government should be referred to the Government for consideration.
(4) The Chief Executive Officer shall exercise such Powers and perform such duties as the Board or the Chairman may from time to time delegate to him. He shall also assist the Chairman in the day to day working of the Board.
(1) The Financial Advisor shall advise the Board on all matters relating to receipt and expenditureSo far as powers and duties of the subordinate Officers are concerned, the Chief Executive Officer with the prior approval of the Chairman delegates powers to the other officers of the Board from time to time looking to the need and circumstances.
(2) The Financial Advisor shall have the right to attend every meeting of the Board but shall not have the right to vote there at. He shall also have the right to refer to the Board any matter having financial implications which in his opinion ought to be brought to its notice:
(3) The Financial Advisor shall scrutinize and supervise the preparation of the budget of the board, the compilation of annual and other financial statements in the manner in which the accounts of the board are maintained and made available to audit.
(4) The Financial Advisor shall have the right to record his views on every proposal of the Board.
(5) The Financial Advisor shall have authority to advise the board that a particular decision affecting the general financial policy of the Government should be referred to the Government for consideration.
As regards the powers and duties of the employees, no specific powers have been delegated to the staff. However they perform duties as per their job requirement. Further, the controlling officers also assign duties in view of the need and circumstances .